Clearwater Memorial Public Library is proud to offer free Internet access to the public. Please call (208) 476-3411 to schedule an appointment to use our computer.
General Internet Policy
The policy of the Clearwater Memorial Public Library is to continually provide quality services and resources to meet the informational needs of its community. As part of that policy, the library provides free access and wireless connectivity to the Internet for its patrons. The Internet provides global access to ideas, information, commentary, and imagery. The resources found within the Internet are constantly changing and may contain unpredictable content. The library does some filtering, in accordance with state law and community choice, of Internet access on its computers. Internet users are totally responsible for any of the sites they visit and use the Internet at their own risk. Using the Internet in violation of any federal, state, or local law or regulation is strictly prohibited. Thus, the use of library Internet computers to access, store, or distribute pornographic or obscene materials as defined by law is prohibited. Even with filters the Internet may contain material which parents or legal guardians may deem inappropriate for their children or wards. It is the responsibility of the parents or guardians to decide if they want Internet use for their children or wards. Users of the Internet provided by the library agree to abide by this policy and failure to do so will result in the denial of Internet privileges.
Public Access Agreement
- I will not alter or destroy any of the programs or files on the library computer. I will not download any material other than to a disc or memory stick.
- I agree to use the computers responsibly (web site www.orofinolibrary.com). I will not interfere with the work of others. Neither will I interfere with the performance of the network by using other people’s passwords. I will not attempt to gain access to closed areas of the network and I will not introduce computer viruses.
- I agree to relinquish the computer should the need arise. I may reserve a time for computer use by calling the library (476-3411) during regular library hours. Time of use may be restricted. Broadband wireless access for library patrons are also available.
- I will respect copyrights and not use the Internet for illegal or unsafe activities.
- I will not post my home phone number or address, if under age.
- I understand that, because of provisions in the USA Patriot Act, my privacy may no longer be assured during library Internet transactions.
- I will be responsible for any hardware or software damage I might cause.
- I will be responsible for any cost incurred while using the Internet. We suggest a donation of .10 cents per page for black and white documents. Scanning to email is free.
- I understand that Internet use as provided by the library is a privilege and not a right and that this privilege may be revoked if misused. Failure to follow these rules or other directions of library staff can result in being banned from Internet and/or library use.
- I understand all information and activity for the current day is purged nightly.